Monday, March 21, 2011

Things that my cat can do better than your cat

My smart, annoying cat
by John Carroll, San Francisco Chronicle

My cat can sleep with one eye open longer than your cat. Merely lying on the daybed with one eye open doesn't count; that's just a cat being watchful. Conscious cats are always watchful. They have many enemies. Suppose a human sneezed within a three-room radius? They'd be so on top of that.

The sneeze is a noise that predators make. Few people know that.

But my cat can be dead asleep, totally zonked, and if you look closely, you can see that one eye open a slit. You know how some people call sleeping "40 winks"? They were talking about my cat. My cat can wink at you for hours and still be fast asleep. Should the sneeze monster arrive, my cat would be on guard. Perhaps a little slowly and stiffly, but on guard.

>> Click here to read more